ABOUT THE Center
The Center, a private not-for-profit agency, believes all adults with developmental disabilities should have opportunities to promote choice,
personal growth, and independence so they may achieve their full potential. The Center upholds this belief by offering
high quality residential, vocational and day services to support our clients and our community.
- Services 452 Diverse Clients each and every day.
- Houston’s largest non-for-profit organization servicing adults with
Intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD) since 1950.
- The life expectancy of individuals with I/DD has more than doubled since 1950.
- 2 campus locations: Downtown Houston (W. Dallas St.)
and Willow River Farms (Rural Location).
- Texas is ranked 50th in funding for individuals with I/DD.
- Click here for more information on The Center!
Pursuit will allow The Center to:
Secure $30-$40 million of land value, invest in current facility and service enhancements,
engage consultants to assist in long-term growth strategy development, and build an endowment.
SURROGATE FAMILY SERVICES
CLASSROOM CENTERED ENVIRONMENT
SOCIAL SKILLS DEVELOPMENT
DOWNTOWN HOUSTON SUPPORTED LIVING APARTMENTS
GROUP HOME APARTMENTS
HOST HOME COMPANION (FOSTER CARE)